The first step to getting more out of your social media presence is to have a plan. Too many med spa owners just start posting and then wonder why no-one is following.
What I’m about to share with you are verifiable FACTS. Not hearsay or theory.
The truth is, you don’t have to be a genius to figure out how Instagram and Facebook work. Maybe you just have to be “observant” because there is, indeed, more than meets the eye.
The proof is in the pudding, as they say, and my goal here is to demonstrate how You will 10x your exposure, engagement, and followers from your Instagram and Facebook presence.
Before you get started, take a look at your current Likes on your Posts section. If you have over 1,000 followers and only getting 1-2 Likes per 100 followers, then you need help.
To keep it simple, let’s target the 3 key areas you can focus on to exponentially increase your social media visibility and growth. These 3 areas are: Exposure, Engagement, and Followers.
How to Get More Exposure
So let’s start by getting more exposure. It takes 2 things to get more exposure… the RIGHT TIMING and the RIGHT TYPE OF POSTS.
Below are the top 3 things you can do to hack your social media platform algorithm so that your posts get shown to more users:
- Use pictures/videos as much as possible – People love visuals — especially if they relate directly to what you are “doing”. This also increases engagement
- Use the IG or FB app to take the videos or pictures – the app adds a few “tags” automatically in the meta information and tries to match it to the right social media user
- Post your pictures or videos right away – social media platforms prioritize recently taken pics and vids. Take advantage of that
For more on “what to post” DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR GUIDE
How to Increase Engagement
Now that more eyes are seeing your posts, you can exponentially increase engagement and exposure by getting viewers to interact with your posts. This requires CALLS TO ACTION or a REASON TO ACT.
Below are 3 proven ways to get more engagement:
- Simply ask – Yes, if you don’t ask, you won’t get! It is as simple as that. Just as successful Youtubers always ask to Like and Subscribe, you should do the same with EVERY post
- Tag people – Not random people, the ones in the pic or vid. This is a great reason to have events or open houses, celebrate staff birthdays, anniversaries, any special occasion
- Interact with followers – Respond to questions, comments and suggestions; this encourages users to engage with you more often in the future
For additional engagement tips DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR GUIDE
How to Get More Followers
Inevitably, you will get more followers just by following the instructions above. But you can increase your following if you:
- Post great content – Your audience will share useful content to friends. Think about what they’re interested in and share content that’s relevant to them. But don’t forget to ask to share and follow.
- Use hashtags – This helps social media platforms match to whom to show your posts, as well as, appear be found by those savvy few who search through hashtags
- Ask to tag others – Think giveaways, model call, special offer, etc. where you require followers to tag one or more friends to win. A model call is also a great way to get dramatic before and after case studies you can use in your marketing!
For more engagement DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR GUIDE
The idea behind the tips above is to make social media work for you. This can be difficult at times, especially if you don’t have a lot of time to spare. But with some effort, and these strategies in place, you will be able to maximize your social media efforts.
Remember this, you don’t have complete control over who sees your social media posts. What social media platforms allow you to do is help you “identify an audience” you can target with advertising.